Construction Cost Control - 2023 - 14 Credits
This 14-hour online course will review the theory and practice of project control of construction projects and will focus on cost and schedule monitoring and control techniques to minimize cost overruns and schedule slippages while bringing together many of the topics, tools, techniques, and strategies of other related disciplines in the construction ecosystem. We will explore from a project management perspective the key processes of the cost control cycle, including budget baselines, schedule baselines, progress measurement, variance calculations, earned value, corrective action, and LEAN methodology to add value and reduce waste.
We will go through the following topics and provide insights to building professionals:
- Introduction to construction cost control
- Describe the basic definition and qualities of cost control in construction, also explain the documentation of controlling cost
- Understand the use and application of cost coding in project management, as well as how cost and schedule baseline are established for cost control in construction
- Understand the importance of progress measurement for cost monitoring and control Identify and determine the different methods of measurement for project progress
- Review contract documents, as well as prepare credible and consistent documentation regarding change orders
- Explain the importance of cash flow in the construction industry and the consequences of negative cash flow
- Explain Earned Value Analysis and apply it to a building case
By the end of the in-depth course, learners will have a better understanding of the subject topic and will gain more applicable knowledge of cost control
This is the title of this dialog box.
This is the descriptive text of this dialog box.