Mastering An Overview of Building Construction Series 1
Description: This training program was specifically designed and created to help participants from the construction sector study the following topics
- Overview of building systems and fundamentals
- The significance of System Design
- Systems Design and Analysis
- Traditional Design Procedures
- Traditional Construction
- Role of the Client in Design and Construction
- Building Costs and Major Building Systems
- Systems for Enclosing Buildings
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) and Objective of Elimination
- Intelligent Buildings and Building Codes
- Zoning Codes
- Project Peer Review
- Program Definition and Organization of the Building Team
- A/E Liability and Insurance
- Definition of Project Phases
- Scheduling & Personnel Learning Objectives:Objectives and Outcome: Upon completion of the above in-depth course, successful participants will have a better understanding of the particular topic and gain the right mix of knowledge and skills in response to current technological advancements and the participants will be educated on how to work effectively for the best outcomes, the successful participants will also get a Housing Management Commission accredited certificate for completion of this specific construction related training program.
The duration of the program is 4 weeks.
Learning resources are mainly from textbooks, real-life case studies, internet information, as well as videos.
In-class instruction, On-site, Distance/Online, or Combined
This program will have two parts; one part is a theory, and another part is practice.
Completion of distance class of theory will be counted as 50% towards the final grade, Completion of case study, term project, and presentation will be counted as 50% towards the final grade.
Grading scale for each class is as follows:
Requirements for Graduation
Courses with grades lower than “C” is not counted toward the completion of the corporate training program.
Capacity (number of participants): 30
Name of instructors: team of experts of Vancity Institute,
Jamie, Designer with Bachelor’s Degree of interior design and 25+ years of construction professional experience along with tremendous 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Vivian, Lawyer with Bachelor’s Degree of law, 25+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Richard, Engineer with Bachelor’s Degree of engineering, 25+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Bill, QS with Bachelor’s Degree of engineering, 30+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Thomas, architect with Bachelor’s Degree of architecture, 35+ years of construction professional experience along with 15+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Qian, Administrator and associate instructor, with Bachelor’s Degree of Economics, 8+ years of admin experience along with 8+ years experience in teaching and coaching
This is the title of this dialog box.
This is the descriptive text of this dialog box.