Mastering Microsoft Project Management Software Application in Construction- 22 hours
The Training Program Description and Objectives and Outcome:
This training program was specifically designed and created to support British Columbians that maybe employed or have been employed in the construction sector to gain technical skills in response to technological advancements and essential skills to obtain good-paying jobs and increase job security,
This program aims to provide absolutely high-value and high-quality corporate training to help employers in construction industry to train their current or future employees to meet their immediate needs of the business and the participant’s job, to help employers build up an agile, skilled, and resilient workforce which is essential for strong, sustainable and balanced growth with a strategic competitive advantage for productivity and innovation
How to effectively use Microsoft Project software to manage construction projects. By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of how to use this software. Users of Versions 2010 to 2019 will be able to apply the details discussed in the lessons. Upon completion of the following modules
- Learn about making, updating, and revising project calendars to make construction project schedules more professionally
- Learn about adding resources and costs, as well as sort, filter, and highlight to better manage construction projects
- Make a professional timeline, customize the time scale and learn work, units, duration, cost and effort-driven schedule to succeed in construction project
- Learn the basics identify, level resources over allocations, and set a baseline construction project schedule
- Learn to customize, format, and create a resource pool construction project
- Learn to track multiple updates, revisions, change orders and create resources by length, area, and volume in a residential construction project
- Learn to create cash flow reports and to level resources over allocations in a residential construction project
-Learn the task types, batch and queue size, review, and analyze in a construction project schedule
- Learn to customize the text and create a checklist before base-lining your schedule on a construction project
- Learn to link project documents, drawings, and photos to file in a residential construction project
- Learn to create a work breakdown structure for construction projects
the successful participant (student) will gain the right mix of knowledge and skills to adapt to the labour market’s changing job requirements, to be well equipped to respond to the evolving demands of the labour market
The intended outcome and result of training will be improved job-related skills leading to increased job security and /or a better job for a current employee of the applicant employer and /or a job for an unemployed person
Participants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada), who are entitled to work in Canada. at least 16 years old and be either:
• Unemployed, or
• Employed by the applicant employer
Once training is completed, employers will hire or continue to employ participants in B.C
The duration of the program is 4 weeks.
Learning resources are mainly from textbooks, real-life case studies, internet information, as well as videos.
In-class instruction, On-site, Distance/Online, or Combined
This program will have two parts; one part is a theory, and another part is practice.
Completion of distance class of theory will be counted as 50% towards the final grade, Completion of case study, term project, and presentation will be counted as 50% towards the final grade.
Grading scale for each class is as follows:
Requirements for Graduation
Courses with grades lower than “C” is not counted toward the completion of the corporate training program.
Capacity (number of participants): 30
Name of instructors: team of experts of Vancity Institute,
Jamie, Designer with Bachelor’s Degree of interior design and 25+ years of construction professional experience along with tremendous 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Vivian, Lawyer with Bachelor’s Degree of law, 25+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Richard, Engineer with Bachelor’s Degree of engineering, 25+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Bill, QS with Bachelor’s Degree of engineering, 30+ years of construction professional experience along with 10+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Thomas, architect with Bachelor’s Degree of architecture, 35+ years of construction professional experience along with 15+ years experience in teaching and coaching
Qian, Administrator and associate instructor, with Bachelor’s Degree of Economics, 8+ years of admin experience along with 8+ years experience in teaching and coaching
This is the title of this dialog box.
This is the descriptive text of this dialog box.